Everyone goes crazy over this amazing candy coated cereal snack mix made festive with sprinkles, M&Ms and mini gingerbread man cookies. It’s sure to be a huge holiday hit!
- 4 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups frosted or regular Cheerios
- 2 cups snaps pretzels or holiday-shaped pretzels
- 1–1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla candy coating
- 1 (2.9 ounce) container holiday festive sprinkles
- 1 cup red and green M&M’s minis or regular M&M’s
- 1 cup red and green peanut M&M’s
- 2 cups gingerman mini cookies (I find them at Target, Kroger or Walmart) I have also used these I found on Amazon
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl or the container the candy coating comes in, melt the candy coating according to package directions, usually 90 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Be sure not to over melt the candy coating as it will burn and become too thick to stir and coat the mix evenly.
- Pour the melted candy coating over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to coat with a large spoon. Ingredients should be evenly coated in the candy coating.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles and then the M&M’s. Lay gingerman mini cookies evenly across mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool completely. Break apart to serve. Store in an airtight container or baggie for up to 2 weeks.
This mix will keep great for at least 2 weeks when stored in a sealed container or jar.