Cool, creamy and decadent, this Chocolate Cream Pie has a perfectly flaky crust and a silky, rich chocolate filling. It’s so delicious, you might as well call it a chocolate dream pie.
- 1 (9-inch) pre-baked and cooled pie crust
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2/3 cup milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed & divided (I use Cool Whip)
- Shaved or curled chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pre-bake the pie crust. See my Complete Guide to Pie Crust for the dough recipe and how to pre-bake the pie crust. Let cool completely before filling.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and 1/3 cup milk on medium power in 30-second intervals, stirring at each interval, until completely melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remaining 1/3 cup milk. Fold in one (8 ounce) container of the thawed whipped topping until well incorporated and filling is smooth.
- Spread the chocolate filling evenly into the baked and cooled pie crust.
- Dollop and gently spread the remaining container of thawed whipped topping over the top of the fudge filling and then garnish it with shaved or curled chocolate.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.