Crispy strawberry waffles with a dollop of chocolate whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for a sweet & special way to start the day!
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- additional strawberries, for garnishing
- additional chocolate syrup for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in the chopped strawberries until completely coated in the flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the melted butter, egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Let batter set for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle batter into preheated waffle iron and bake until cooked all the way through and of desired crispness. Keep cooked waffles in a warm oven while cooking the remaining batter.
- While the waffles are cooking, prepare the chocolate whipped cream by beating the heaving whipping cream in a cold glass bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks start to form. Beat in the chocolate syrup until well combined. Store whipped cream in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve waffles with chocolate whipped cream and additional chocolate syrup, if desired.