- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (+ 2 tablespoons for garnishing)
- Chocolate frosting, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10” to 12” round rimmed cookie or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Press about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips evenly across the top of the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown on top and just set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and set the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, serve out of the cookie cake pan or use a sharp knife and spatula to loosen the sides of the cookie cake from the pan and transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate around the edges of the cookie cake with the chocolate frosting.