Make Easter morning extra special with these adorable and delicious Bunny Pancakes! So much fun to make and so much yum to eat!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 or 2 bananas, sliced into 16 thin slices
- 24 blueberries
- 8 raspberries
- 8 large strawberries, cut in half
- 16 mini marshmallows
- maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large bowl and stir with a spoon until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Let batter rest for at least 5 minutes while you heat the griddle to medium-low heat.
- Once the griddle is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Using a 2-tablespoon sized cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop two round pancakes onto the griddle. Then use the side of a flat spatula to place a small amount of batter onto the griddle into the shape of long jagged bunny ears. You’ll want two bunny ears for each round pancake.
- Flip pancakes once the uncooked side starts to bubble a bit, about 2 minutes for the round pancakes and 1 minute for the bunny ears. Let cook another 2 minutes for the round pancakes and another 1 minute for the bunny ears or until pancakes are lightly browned on both sides. Keep cooked pancakes on pan in a warm oven while you cook the remaining batter. Spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray between each batch of pancakes.
- When ready to serve, place a round pancake on a plate and two of the bunny ear-shaped pancakes on the top to make a bunny head shape. Place two banana slices as eyes with a blueberry in the middle of each banana slice. Place a raspberry as the nose and two mini marshmallows as the teeth. Shape the strawberry halves and a blueberry into a bowtie at the bottom of the head. Serve with maple syrup.