The classic BLT sandwich is taken to the next level of deliciousness with this Build-Your-Own BLT Board covered in a variety of fresh fillings and simple spreads for everyone to build their ultimate BLT sandwich!
- Bread slices
- Dijon Mustard
- Sriracha Aioli
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Sliced Sandwich Bread (toasted)
- Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- Avocado (sliced)
- Red Onions (sliced)
- Grilled Shrimp
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Fresh herbs (like basil or dill)
- salt and pepper
- Start by baking the bacon and toasting the bread. You can toast the bread all at once by lining up the slices of bread on a baking sheet, and baking them at 400ºF for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the bread and bacon are in the oven, slice the tomatoes, onion, and avocado and prep the lettuce.
- After the bread is toasted and the bacon is done, start cooking the eggs and the shrimp. You can boil, grill, or pan-fry the shrimp to your liking with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Assemble the board! I used this 24″ x 18″ walnut wood board for our Build-Your-Own BLT Board and small bowls like these or these for all of the spreads. Arrange the rest of the ingredients on the wood board. Try to keep the bread away from some of the juicier ingredients, like the tomatoes and pickles, and make sure to dry the lettuce well so that it doesn’t get soggy before everyone starts building their own sandwiches.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keep extra bread slices toasting in the oven to replenish the board with, if needed.