These oatmeal cookies are a must-bake! They’re chewy with a slight crunch in every bite from sweet little bits of toffee.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the toffee bits reserving the other 1/2 cup to garnish the cookies with before baking.
- Scoop dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Top each ball of dough with a pinch of toffee bits and then flatten each one slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should start to crisp around the edges and still be a little undercooked in the center. Let rest on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or enjoying.