Start the day off right with hearty, delicious Breakfast Brownies! Made with bananas, oats, and peanut butter, these breakfast treats are as healthy as they are tasty!
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- water or milk, if needed to blend easier
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined. If the batter is too thick for your blender, add a few tablespoons of water or milk at a time to thin it out so it will blend easier.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely in pan. Store in an airtight container.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for the honey
- Another nut or seed butter or nonfat greek yogurt can be substituted for the peanut butter
- 1 cup applesauce or pure pumpkin can be substituted for the banana