Breakfast at its best with this buttery Breakfast Biscuit pot pie that’s filled with sausage, eggs & peppers!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1–1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) sausage roll
- 8 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a standard pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form. Fold in the cheese until it is completely coated in the flour mixture. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the maple syrup and buttermilk. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the peppers and cook for about 5 minutes before adding the sausage. Continue to cook until the sausage is browned completely. Add the eggs and stir constantly while they scramble with the sausage/pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper then stir in the cheese. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish.
- Place large scoops of biscuit batter evenly over the sausage mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until the biscuits start to turn golden brown.