Fully loaded or kept simple with a pat of butter, everybody gets their way with a Build-Your-Own Baked Potato Board. Potatoes with perfectly crispy, salted skins and warm, soft insides meet their match with a variety of savory toppings.
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- blue cheese
- grilled chicken
- barbecue sauce
- chopped kale mix
- steamed broccoli
- cherry tomatoes
- green onions
- sliced jalapeño
- hot sauce
- red pepper flakes
For detailed instructions on baking potatoes, see The BakerMama’s Basics: How to Bake a Potato.
- Preheat Oven to 425°F
- Prep baking sheet with parchment paper (and optional oiled baking rack)
- Wash potatoes throughly with a vegetable brush and pierce the skin of the potato with a fork several times.
- Rub with olive oil (melted butter works great, too!) and sprinkle generously with kosher salt.
- Bake at 425° for 45-60 minutes, flipping potato about halfway through, if not using a rack. Check for doneness by piercing with a fork or squeezing with an oven mitt.
Arranging the Board
- Place toppings in small bowls for serving and arrange around the perimeter of the board, leaving space for potatoes in the center.
- Slice each potato down the middle and squeeze gently to open. Place the baked potatoes in the center of the board.
- Top and enjoy!