These Blueberry Streusel Muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with an irresistible sugar streusel.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Streusel: In a small bowl, microwave the butter until just melted and then stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and flour with a fork until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside.
- Muffins: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter until just melted. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs and vanilla. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter/sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, until just combined. Fold in 1-3/4 cups of the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each one completely full. Press remaining blueberries gently onto the top of the batter, evenly among them. Sprinkle the struesel evenly among the top of the muffin batter as well, almost covering each one completely in streusel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until muffin tops are golden and streusel is crisp. Let muffins rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool or enjoying right away.