Caramelized Bananas top off these Banana Bread French Toast Bites for a scrumptious and impressive brunch treat everyone will go bananas for!
- 1 loaf banana bread (with or without nuts)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 bananas, sliced thick
- Slice bread into 7 or 8 (1-inch) thick slices and then each of those slices into 4 cubes.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl until well combined and slightly fluffy. Whisk in milk and then transfer the egg mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons sugar with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating. Place in a shallow dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large griddle or skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Give each banana bread cube a quick dip in the egg mixture and then transfer to the heated griddle for cooking, be sure to let any excess egg mixture drip back into the shallow dish.
- Sauté each bite until golden brown and slightly crisp on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Immediately transfer each cooked bite to the cinnamon sugar dish and roll to coat.
- Transfer the coated Banana Bread French Toast Bites to a baking sheet and keep in a 200°F warming oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining bites or until ready to serve.
- Once all of the bites are cooked, add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and place the banana slices in a single layer. Let caramelize on each side, flipping with a fork or small spatula.
- Sprinkle the banana bread French toast bites with powdered sugar and then place a caramelized banana on a toothpick and add a banana bread French toast bite to it for serving.
- Serve warm with maple syrup to dunk them in.
Keep French Toast Bites warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve. This allows you to take your time prepping your bites and serve them up hot!