Unbelievably crispy and irresistibly sticky baked chicken wings tossed in a sweet and spicy Asian flavored sauce with a simple peanut sauce for dipping.
- 12 party wings
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- pinch of black pepper
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- crushed peanuts, for garnishing
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set a rack on the very top.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a baking rack into the pan. Spray the baking rack generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings in a mixing bowl. Toss in 1 tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and toss to coat evenly. Place chicken wings skin side up on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, rotating pan after 20 minutes, until golden crisp on the outside.
- During the last 5-10 minutes of baking, place the 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 clove mined garlic, 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce and a pinch of black pepper in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken wings from the oven. Place them in a medium mixing bowl and immediately toss with the reduced sauce (don’t let the sauce sit too long off of the heat as it will be too thick to toss with the wings). Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and sprinkle with crushed peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro.
- For the peanut dipping sauce, add 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce and 1 tablespoon soy sauce to a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Slowly whisk in the water until of desired dipping consistency.
- Serve chicken wings with peanut dipping sauce.