Fire up the grill for these awesome chicken skewers wrapped in crispy caramelized bacon that will instantly become the stars of your game day grub!
- 1 (16 ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken tenderloin strips
- 15 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 15 wooden or metal skewers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Wrap each strip of chicken with a slice of bacon. Skewer each bacon-wrapped chicken strip onto a wooden or metal skewer, making sure to weave the skewer through both the bacon and the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, maple syrup, mustard and black pepper.
- Place skewers on your well-oiled grill (to prevent sticking) and grill one side for about 3 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp. Turn over and baste the grilled side with half of the sauce while the other side cooks. After about 3 minutes, turn the skewers back over and baste the other sides. Continue to flip and baste until the bacon is caramelized and crispy and the chicken is cooked all the way through. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!