Baby’s favorite foods baked into little oatmeal bites that they can easily feed themselves.
- 2–1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium avocado, mashed (about ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center and add the pumpkin, applesauce, mashed banana and mashed avocado. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin cups, filling each one completely full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Avoid over-baking them. You don’t want the tops to be too crisp or browned. They should be set and soft enough for your baby to easily eat.
- Let the bites cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
To freeze, place cooled bites on a cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour. Then transfer them to an airtight bag or container and store in the freezer. When you’re ready to give them to your baby, remove however many you want and let them thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.