One bite of these divinely delicious creations and you’ll understand why they’re called Angel Biscuits. Light, fluffy, and perfectly buttery, they truly taste heaven-sent!
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or two knives moving in opposite directions.
- Mix flour mixture with yeast mixture.
- Pat or roll dough on a floured surface to ¾-inch thickness. Cut with a round biscuit cutter.
- Put biscuits in a greased rimmed baking sheet. Let rise 15 minutes before baking at 400°F for 15 minutes.