Just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes is all it takes to make these chewy, crunchy, oh so tasty granola bars and you can make them with peanut butter or almond butter. No baking required!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or 1–1/2 cups natural almond butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 cups pre-made dark chocolate almond granola (or your favorite pre-made granola flavor)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter (or almond butter) and honey. Stir in the granola and oatmeal until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Use a spatula or your hands with parchment paper under them to press down firmly all over the top of the mixture making sure the top is smooth and the mixture is as compact in the dish as possible.
- At this point, you can lift the bars out of the dish (using the edges of the foil or parchment paper) and immediately cut into bars with a sharp knife or you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and place the bars in the refrigerator to firm them up even more, about 30 minutes, before cutting them into bars. Store cut bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yields 15 large bars or 30 small bars.
These granola bars can be baked at 350 for 13-15 minutes, if desired.