Fresh zucchini baked into yummy sweet corn muffins making them extra moist and deliciously nutritious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1–1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels or 1 (15 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 2 packed cups)
- 12 thin zucchini slices for garnishing, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the corn and shredded zucchini.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffins liners, filling each one all the way full. Place a thin slice of zucchini on top of each muffin, if desired. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.