Hearty Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Banana Oat Bars that make for a healthy breakfast or snack you can feel great about feeding your family!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-natural Whole Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan or dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and egg until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the bananas.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before lifting bars from pan and cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.