Moist and fluffy whole wheat banana pancakes make for a healthy breakfast and a great way to start the day!
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Using a ladle or 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto heated griddle. Cook until batter starts to bubble a bit on top and the bottom is evenly browned. Flip and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Remove to a baking sheet and place baking sheet in a warm oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.
Store banana pancakes in a resealable baggie in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat pancakes in the toaster like you would when you toast bread or in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.