These adorable and delicious Watermelon No-Bake Treats are so easy to make and such a fun summer treat!
- 2 1/2 cups green fruity cereal
- 2 1/2 cups red fruity cereal
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Sort out the green and red cereals from a family-size box of fruity cereal so you have 2 and 1/2 cups of each. Place them in separate mixing bowls.
- Bring the light corn syrup, sugar and butter to a full boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After it comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and pour 1/2 cup of the syrup over the green cereal and 1/2 cup over the red cereal. Toss each one separately to coat evenly.
- Next, line a 9-inch round cake pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spray your hands with the cooking spray as well and press the green cereal mixture around the outside edge of the cake pan. Fill in the center with the red cereal mixture. Press it all down evenly so the red and green cereals come together.
- Press several chocolate chips, tops down, into the red section so they look like watermelon seeds.
- Let the treats set in the cake pan for at least an hour to fully set.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!