This Sweetheart Snack Mix is love at first sight and bite. A crunchy, sweet & salty treat that’s so perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 4 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Kashi Heart to Heart Oat Cereal
- 2 cups UTZ Valentine X and O shaped pretzels
- 1–1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 (16 ounce) packages CandiQuik vanilla candy coating or 2 (20 ounce) packages vanilla almond bark
- 1 cup Valentine’s festive sprinkles
- 1–1/2 cups Very Berry Cheerios
- 1–1/2 cups Chocolate Chex (just the chocolate squares)
- 1 cup milk chocolate Valentine colored M&M’s
- 1 cup milk chocolate Cupid’s Messages M&M’s
- 1–1/2 cups Flipz mini pink fudge covered pretzels
- In a large bowl, combine the Rice Chex cereal, Heart to Heart cereal, X and O pretzels and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl or the container the candy coating comes in, melt one package of the candy coating according to package directions, usually 90 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Be sure not to over melt the candy coating as it will burn and become too thick to stir and coat the mix evenly.
- Pour the melted candy coating over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to coat with a large spoon. Ingredients should be evenly coated in the candy coating. Repeat with the other package of candy coating and toss again until ingredients are very well coated.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles and then the Very Berry Cheerios, Chocolate Chex, M&M’s and Flipz pretzels.
- Allow mixture to cool completely. Break apart to serve. Store in an airtight container or baggie.