Get your chocolate fix with this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake that will wow the crowd for any special occasion!
For the Crust:
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
For the Mousse:
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons heave cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet on the very bottom rack of the oven and fill it halfway with water. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- For the Crust: Place the cookies, cream filling included, in a food processor. Pulse until the cookies are crushed into crumbs.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- For the Cheesecake: Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until very smooth.
- Spoon in the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated completely. Add the flour and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure the eggs are fully incorporated, but do not overbeat the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the prepared crust. Place the pan on the oven rack right above the pan of water. Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the cheesecake cool for 5 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it from the springform pan.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate it for 4 to 6 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Detach the springform pan ring and gently remove the cheesecake from the pan. Slide the cheesecake onto a plate.
- For the Mousse: Beat the cream cheese and vanilla until creamy. Spoon in the melted white chocolate and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula until everything is completely mixed together. Pipe the mousse on top of the chilled cheesecake with a piping bag and icing tip 1M. Refrigerate the cheesecake for one hour to let it set up.
- For the Topping: Place the cream and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Stir the chocolate until melted and creamy. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake.