These scrumptious Toasted Tortellini Bites surround soft, warm cheese tortellini with a crunchy, seasoned breadcrumb coating that’s just right for dipping in warm marinara.
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated tortellini (about 5 cups total)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup marinara sauce, for dipping
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs and water together until fully incorporated.
- In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, grated parmesan and kosher salt. Whisk to combine well.
- Place a single layer of fresh tortellini in the dish with the egg mixture. Working one at a time, turn tortellini over to coat with egg mixture. Let excess drip off and then transfer to the dish with the bread crumb mixture and coat generously. Press the crumb mixture to adhere on both sides of the tortellini.
- Place the coated tortellini in a single layer on the prepared wire rack. Spray tops of tortellini with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops of the tortellini are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with marinara sauce. Sprinkle extra parmesan cheese and some chopped fresh basil on top, if desired.
Do not use frozen ravioli. If you need to use frozen tortellini, cook the tortellini first to al dente and then let cool completely before using for this recipe.