Thick swirls of creamy peanut butter throughout the fudgiest of brownies with peanut butter cup in every blissful bite. The most beloved brownies you’ll ever bake!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Remove from microwave. Whisk in the sugar then add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Dollop peanut butter evenly over the brownie batter. Using a table knife or the end of a wooden spoon, make large swirls through the peanut butter into the batter across the baking pan. Rotate the baking pan one-quarter turn and repeat the large swirling motion. Resist the urge to over-swirl the batter. Sprinkle the peanut butter cups evenly over the top of the peanut butter swirled brownie batter.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.