Moist and tender with a crackly crust, SuSu’s Sour Cream Pound Cake pairs beautifully with seasonal fresh fruits for a simple, crowd-pleasing dessert.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 cups cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch (12 cup) round bundt pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- In a separate small bowl, stir the baking soda into the sour cream.
- Alternately, add approximately 1/3 of the cake flour and 1/3 the sour cream mixture to the batter bowl, beating on low speed after each addition until all is added and incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to a soft peak. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before inverting onto the wire rack to cool completely.