Unbelievably moist and perfectly sweet, my Strawberry Banana Bread is a delicious spin on your favorite classic banana bread. It’s so berry tasty!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and melt in the microwave until just melted. Whisk in the sugar until smooth. Whisk in the beaten eggs until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and mashed banana and whisk until just combined.
- Gently stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the chopped fresh strawberries.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top evenly with about 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top of the bread is golden brown before the middle is completely baked through, tent the loaf pan with foil and continue to bake until the bread is cooked all the way through.
- Let the bread cool in the pan completely.