This Strawberries and Cream Swirl Cake is a stunning layered cake that’s moist and loaded with fresh strawberries and sweet whipped cream frosting!
- 2 cups hulled and quartered fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Cream Frosting:
- 2 cups cold heaving whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups hulled & sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of three 9-inch round baking pans with parchment paper then lightly grease and flour. Set aside.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the oil and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until each one is well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cake pans. Place 4 tablespoon-sized spoonfuls of strawberry puree on top of the batter in each cake pan. Using a table knife, swirl the strawberry puree into the cake batter.
- Bake the cakes for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cakes cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 more minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the 2 cups of sliced strawberries for layering. When the cakes are almost cool, beat the heaving whipping cream and powdered sugar with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Place one of the cake layers, swirled side up, on a cake stand or platter. Spread the top with a thick layer of frosting. Arrange half of the strawberry slices over the frosting. Repeat with another layer of cake, whipped cream frosting and strawberries. Place the final cake, swirled side up, on top of the cake. Scoop remaining frosting onto the top of the cake and garnish with a whole fresh strawberry.