Filled with cinnamon sugar and crushed pecans and coated in a sweet, sticky pecan-studded glaze these Sticky Bun Bites are melt-in-your mouth delicious.
- 3/4 cup crushed pecans, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and fill each muffin cup with 1/2 teaspoon crushed pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the butter with the dark brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
- Lightly flour a large work surface. Unfold the sheet of puff pastry. Roll out to a 14×11-inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the puff pastry. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed pecans. Starting with the long end, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Trim the ends of the roll and discard. Slice the roll into 24 equal (1/2-inch) pieces. Place each piece in the prepared muffin cups on top of the crushed pecans.
- Bake for 16 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then immediately invert the pan onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let the pan set inverted for a few minutes to release the glaze and pecans that were at the bottom of each cup. Remove the pan and scoop any leftover filling and pecans that’s in the pan onto the tops of the sticky buns.
- Enjoy warm or let cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container or bag at room temperature for up to two days.
- Store in a sealed container or bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Store in a freezer-safe container or bag in the freezer for up to 2 months
- Reheat sticky bun bites in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or in a 350°F oven for a few minutes until crisped again on top and warm throughout.