A savory scone that’s loaded with spinach, artichokes and cheese. They taste just like a fresh chunk of bread that’s been dipped in some cheesy spinach artichoke dip!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Progresso® artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 box (9 ounce) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder. Using a pastry blender or two forks, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese, artichokes and spinach, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and 1 egg. Stir milk mixture into the dry ingredients. You might have to use your hands to ensure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Place dough on a floured surface and form into a disk, 3/4 to 1-inch in thickness. Cut into 8-10 wedges. Place wedges on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of each wedge with the beaten egg.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to let cool to room temperature.
- Notes: Store in an airtight container. Reheat any leftover scones in a 350°F oven for 3-5 minutes to crisp up the outside and warm the inside.