This hot and bubbly Skillet Caprese Dip blends melted mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and fresh basil for an easy and delicious appetizer perfect for date night or any night!
- 1 (12 ounce) container marinated fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 10 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Drain the container of mozzarella cheese balls. The marinade seasoning should still stick to the cheese and the bottom of the container.
- Heat a mini cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Add the drained marinated cheese balls along with all of the seasonings left in the container.
- Let the cheese balls heat and start to melt. As they melt, they will release some liquid. If necessary, use an oven mitt to carefully drain some of the liquid from the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the stovetop and cook until bubbling and melted, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- While the cheese is melting, dice the tomatoes and chop the fresh basil.
- Once the cheese is melted, turn off the heat. Top the melted cheese with the diced tomatoes and chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with toasted baguette or crackers.
- Serve the skillet with an oven mitt for people to use if they need to touch the skillet as they scoop the cheese from it.
- As the cheese cools, it will start to harden. Either place a serving knife to slice the cheese from the skillet, or return the skillet to the stovetop over low heat for a few minutes to melt again.