Whether you’re hankering for a chili dog or just a warm, hearty dinner, this Simple No-Bean Chili is dense, flavorful and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and place it over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Drain off any grease.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add the broth and tomato paste. Stir well and let simmer over low heat until ready to serve. Salt to taste before serving.
The consistency is perfect for serving over hot dogs, baked potatoes, nachos, etc. If you want to enjoy as a soup-like chili, add more beef broth until of desired consistency.