Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon, Apple, and Gorgonzola cheese come together in a crisp & flavorful salad that you’ll want to enjoy again & again!
- 1–1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled (optional), cored, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- Halve the sprouts and thinly slice them into ribbons lengthwise. Rub the slices gently between your fingers to separate the layers and put them into a large bowl.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat from the pan and return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the sprouts, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sprouts to a large bowl, crumble the bacon on top, and add the apple pieces and cheese. Toss to combine, divide among 4 plates, and serve.
Recipe from Andie Mitchell’s Eating in the Middle cookbook.