Crispy, melty, Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches feed a crowd with ease. With crisp buttery outsides and melty cheesy centers, this pan of sandwiches is sure to satisfy!
- 24 slices sandwich bread
- 18 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Tomato soup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Brush half of the melted butter all over a 16”x12” rimmed sheet pan.
- Place 12 slices of the bread in a single layer across the buttered sheet pan creating three long rows of four slices each.
- Layer six slices of cheese across the top of each row of bread so the bread is covered in cheese slices.
- Place the remaining 12 slices of bread on top of the cheese creating 12 sandwiches total.
- Brush the top layer of bread with the remaining melted butter.
- Place another 16”x12” rimmed sheet pan, bottom side down, on top of sandwiches. Weight it down with a heavy cast iron skillet or oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake the sandwiches in the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron and the top sheet pan.
- Return the sandwiches to the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the tops of the sandwiches are golden brown.
- Heat the tomato soup to serve on the side of each sandwich for dipping.