Big sweet and salty cookies that are loaded with caramel and dark chocolate then drizzled with more caramel and sprinkled with a touch of sea salt.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2–1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 (11 ounce) bag caramel bits
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot caramel topping, divided
- coarse seat salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture, one cup at a time, until just combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chips and caramel bits. Fold in 1/2 cup caramel topping until evenly swirled throughout the dough.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of dough a few inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Lightly sprinkle each scoop with some sea salt.
- Bake until tops are just starting to crack, but still soft in the middle, about 16 minutes. Rotate cookie sheets halfway through baking time.
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce evenly over hot cookies and sprinkle with a little more sea salt. Let cool completely on cookie sheets.