Give your pizza aficionados a run for their money with this Quick and Simple Pizza Dough. It makes a fast, easy and delicious dinner that everyone will rave about!
- 1 package (4-1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 and 1/4 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast and sugar with the warm water. Allow to proof about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil, 2 cups flour and salt with a wooden spoon until flour is well incorporated, about 2 minutes. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured work surface and knead the dough with floured hands until a smooth ball forms, adding up to 1/4 cup additional flour, if needed.
- Use floured hands or a floured rolling pin to stretch the dough into a large round (about 12-15 inches wide depending on the size of your pizza pan). To stretch the dough, gently press it into a circle, flipping several times and adding a pinch of flour if it’s too sticky.
- Place the shaped dough on a lightly greased pizza pan or pizza stone. Use your fingers to push several dents all over the surface of the dough to prevent it from bubbling while baking, leaving the dough a little thicker around the edges.
- Top with your favorite sauce and toppings. Brush the edge of the crust with olive oil, if desired.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 15 minutes, rotating often, until golden brown around the edges and the toppings are hot and bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and let set for about 5 minutes before slicing into.