Deliciously crunchy Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti to keep your coffee good company this fall!
- 2 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and eggs on low speed until well combined. Add the flour mixture, one cup at a time, until a thick dough forms.
- Form dough into a large loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Press remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts into the top and around the sides of the loaf. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until loaf just starts to crisp on the outside. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the loaf into 1/2 inch thick slices and place flat on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, flipping biscotti every 15 minutes, until it is dried out and crisp.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.