Pumpkin puree and hint of nutmeg make these Pumpkin Spiced Deviled Eggs a delicious, inventive appetizer that’s perfect for your fall celebrations.
- 6 hard boiled eggs (see instructions here or buy already hard-boiled from the store)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cornichons, sliced in half lengthwise & then each half in half again
- Smoked paprika, for garnishing
- Slice the peeled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and place the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, pumpkin puree, spicy brown mustard, white vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg. Mix well until smooth. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Either using a small spoon or a baggie snipped at the corner, fill the inside of the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Place cornichon above the yolk mixture to look like a stem.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Garnish with paprika just before serving.