There’s a pumpkin palooza going on in these cake balls that are full of fall flavor!
- 1 box pumpkin spice or spiced cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 (10 ounce) packages pumpkin spice candy melts
- 1 (5 ounce) container turtle brownie crunch sprinkles (Wilton brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, pumpkin and water until well combined. Spread into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in baking dish.
- Crumble cooled cake into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until cake comes together in a moist ball. (You can do this step with your hands in a large bowl as well.) Roll the cake into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You should get about 30 cake balls. Place cake balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions in a shallow bowl. Dip one frozen cake ball at a time into the melted candy coating and use a fork to turn it around until completely coated. Gently lift the coated cake ball from the candy coating with the fork and let the excess drip back into the bowl. Transfer back to the parchment-lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with some of the turtle crunch sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cake balls. Let cake balls rest until candy coating is completely set.
- NOTE: I got the pumpkin spice cake mix, pumpkin spice candy melts and turtle crunch sprinkles all at Jo-Ann’s.