Pumpkin Pistachio Chocolate Chip Muffins are tender pumpkin muffins loaded with mini chocolate chips and pistachios and then topped with an irresistible pistachio streusel!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the oil, eggs, and pumpkin until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and pistachios and stir until evenly dispersed. Divide batter evenly among the 12 lightly greased muffin cups, filling each one almost full.
- To make the streusel, stir together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash in the butter until small crumbles form. Stir in the pistachios. Top each muffin cup with a heaping tablespoon of streusel.
- Bake until muffin tops are rounded and streusel starts to brown, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Tips: Store in an airtight container.