Healthy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are packed with pumpkin for a sweet fall treat!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar and honey. Add the vanilla and pumpkin and beat on low speed until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Form dough into two-teaspoon sized balls and place about an inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set and start to brown a bit around the edges and on top. Let cool on cookies sheets 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.