Delicious bakery-style pumpkin muffins are made even more fabulous with the addition of crunchy pumpkin seeds, sweet dried cranberries and rich dark chocolate. Perfect for a fall breakfast, a Holiday brunch or a sweet snack all year round!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/4 cups pure pumpkin
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- white sparkling sugar, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips. Stir until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Garnish with additional pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips, if desired. Sprinkle the top of the batter generously with sparkling sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Let muffins set in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.