Festive and fabulous pumpkin chocolate-filled hand pies for all your fall festivities!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 large egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water, for brushing on pies
- white sparkling sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the flour and pumpkin pie spice and beat until crumbly. Add the water and beat until a thick, moist dough forms and sticks to the paddle.
- With well-floured hands, form the dough into a ball on a well-floured surface. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick and cut into pumpkin shapes with a medium-sized pumpkin cookie cutter. Repeat rolling dough until you have 24 pumpkin-shaped pie crusts.
- Place 12 of the crusts upside down on the prepared baking sheets. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie filling into the center of each pumpkin crust and top with about 8 chocolate chips. Place another pumpkin crust on top of the filling and press down around the edges to make sure the two crusts are aligned with each other. Use a fork to seal around the edges of each hand pies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 teaspoon cold water. Brush egg wash onto the top of each pumpkin hand pie and sprinkle generously with white sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until hand pies are golden brown.