Potato Salad with Baby Red Potatoes makes a flavorful summer cookout side dish. With red onion, salty bacon, fresh parsley and tender red potatoes, it’s my favorite potato salad to make any time of year!
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 4 slices thick bacon, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Fill the pot with water to 1-inch above the potatoes. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to medium and let the potatoes simmer until easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and rinse with cold water until they’re cool enough to handle. Slice each potato into quarters and add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium skillet, cook the diced bacon and red onion until the bacon is crisp and onion translucent.
- Pour the bacon, onion and grease over the potatoes in the large mixing bowl. Toss to combine well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon mustard and sugar until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl with the potatoes. Gently stir to combine.
- Toss in the chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.