The gooeyness of the plum filling sandwiched between a chewy crumb base and a crunchy crumb topping, makes these Plum Crumb Bars plum perfect!
- 4 cups thinly sliced pitted plums (6–8 medium plums)
- 3 tablespoons Wondra® quick-mixing flour
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1–1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss the plums and Wondra flour until plums are well coated. Squeeze with lemon juice and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in the butter and vanilla until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can use a pastry cutter, two forks or your hands for this step.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumbs into prepared baking dish. Arrange plums evenly over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from the baking dish and cutting into squares.
- Notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.