These homemade pigs in a blanket will be the star of your game day or get-together snacks!
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 25 little smokies or mini hot dogs, dried well with a paper towel
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten with 2 teaspoons water for an egg wash
- kosher salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter or lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter until a ball forms. Roll dough into a thin rectangle on a lightly floured surface, about 1/4-inch thick. Cut dough lenghthwise into 1-inch strips.
- Using a fork, prick each little smokie twice. Place a little smokie on the end of a strip of dough and roll twice to blanket it. Cut dough and press gently to seal the loose end. Place sealed side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining little smokies.
- Brush each pig with some of the egg wash and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dough starts to turn golden brown. Serve with ketchup and mustard.