Fresh roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese crumbles make this savory Pesto Rice Salad bright and flavorful. The perfect simple side dish that eveyone will love.
- 4 cups cooked RiceSelect® Texmati rice
- ½ cup basil pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- ¾ cup roasted or grilled corn kernels
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Prepare the pesto: combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined. Add the olive oil and continue to pulse/blend, scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth. Season with more salt to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cooked rice and pesto until the rice is completely coated in the pesto. Add the cherry tomatoes, corn, goat cheese, and red onion. Gently stir to incorporate. Sprinkle the salad with the pine nuts and serve.