Pepperoni Pizza Pocket Bites are filled with flavorful pepperoni and melty mozzarella all wrapped up in crispy wonton wrappers and oven toasted to perfection.
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 36 square wonton wrappers
- Pizza sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan, pizza sauce, pepperoni, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and then whisk in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup grated parmesan.
- Brush each wonton wrapper on both sides with the melted garlic butter. Place 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture in the center of each wrapper. Fold both sides of the wrapper over the filling, overlapping them and pressing to seal. Then fold the ends of the wrapper over the fold, press to seal.
- Place the filled wrapper in the bowl of breadcrumb parmesan mixture and turn to coat well. Shake off any excess and place, seams side down, on the prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers, filling and breadcrumbs.
- Spray the rolls with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown and toasted.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.