Fresh pear, crunchy pistachios and sweet coconut baked into a cinnamon-spiked quick bread that’s full of flavor and comfort in this Pear Pistachio Coconut Bread!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–1/2 cups shredded fresh pear (about 2 medium pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios, divided
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the coconut oil, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in the shredded pear, 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios and 1/4 cup coconut. Garnish with a few thin slices of pear that have been cut into heart shapes, if desired. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before inserted onto a wire rack to cool completely.