This Peanut Popcorn Cake is chewy, gooey and full of sweet and salty crunch.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (10.8 ounce) bag peanut M&M candies
- Generously spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Be careful to remove all unpopped kernels from the popped popcorn. Place the popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows until smooth. Immediately pour over popcorn and gently toss until all popcorn is coated. Stir in the peanuts and peanut M&M’s until well distributed throughout the popcorn.
- Press popcorn mixture evenly into prepared bundt pan. Let set for about 10 minutes before running a table knife around the edges and inverting onto a serving plate. Let set for at least another 10 minutes before cutting into slices with a sharp knife.
Best served within 2 days of making. Recipe could also be made into popcorn balls or bars. You can make it even more festive by coordinating the colors of the M&M’s with the theme of your party or holiday.